Thread: $6 or $24 per year? What is coming?

$6 or $24 per year? What is coming?

Hi,

Curious us about this. Kieth stated in the past the forum likely would transition to a subscriber based forum, and if I remember right the subscription was to be $24 per year.

Has this changed, or is that still the expectation?

I understand image viewing is restricted to contributors only now. So I am not asking about that.

Just wondering what what the future progression of SMC is expected to be.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Blog Entries
    Currently the subsciber rate s $6.00 per year. This could change depending upon how many folks choose to become supporters financially.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

How do i determine when my subscription runs out? Suddenly i am seeing ads and my profile says member . . . .but my anniversary date, i thought , was in November (join date).

Blog Entries
    Simply click on the donate button and your contribution start and stop date should be at the top of the page.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I am a contributor but have chosen to see the ads. They are small and not intrusive and provide a small amount back to the Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I am a contributor but have chosen to see the ads. They are small and not intrusive and provide a small amount back to the Creek.
    I've done the same. As ads on wen pages go, they are pretty mild.

Blog Entries
    I also turned on the ads and hardly notice them, though I do click on the from time to time just say I did it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

I did the same - hope it helps. They are not that bad - as I thought they might be...
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

The number of Contributors is growing so we are making progress. We might be able to keep free access the way it is now if the majority here accept the changes. Thursday I was able to pay our Internet bill for the next six months, I didn't think that was going to be possible for a long time. I like the idea of people having a choice like it is now, a one time per year six bucks or two dollars per month. I think the majority here will do what they can to help.