Thread: Rubber Tires For Toddler Riding/Push Toys?

Rubber Tires For Toddler Riding/Push Toys?

I would like to make wooden ride on toys for my grandson. I am thinking like a small trike or maybe a push toy. I have been searching high and low, but cannot find a source for small'ish rubber tires (something around 5" - 8" dia).

I see a lot of such toys for sale on-line and know that I could make something just as nice myself. Many have plastic wheels with rubber tires (easy to find online), but I do see some with solid wooden wheels and simple flat rubber tires (sort of like small, thick bandsaw tires). These have a much classier look, but I cannot seem to find a source for those tires.

Any ideas?

Al

How about lawn mower wheels. I've also used bike training wheels a couple of times, though there's a lot of unused parts with those.
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Harbor Freight has quite a selection at good prices.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there are sources of small metal or plastic wheels with rubber tires (and this is a good idea I hadn't thought of). I am looking for a source for just a tire that can be installed over a wooden wheel.

I made some kids ride on toys years ago. (The kids are now 30's) I used lawn mower wheels.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Just go to a caster store. They should have something that would work.