Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I restored a Millers Falls No 2

That is a great picture!

Another picture or two? Have three large eggbeaters in the shop...
    eggbeaters 1.JPG
    front to rear: Pilot No. 55, Craftsman ( Goodell-Pratt?)
    and the Millers Falls No. 2 -01
    eggbeaters 2.JPG

3. Nice restoration, Steven. What do you do to the metal parts after you soak them in Evaporust?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Martin Winnipeg View Post
    Nice restoration, Steven. What do you do to the metal parts after you soak them in Evaporust?
    Thank you. If it was a part getting painted I used a wire brush to get as much of the old loose paint off before I primed and repainted. The polished parts I started with 220 grit sandpaper and progressed up to 3000 grit, and even stropped some of them with compound. Then I used a metal polish on them, before spraying everything with CRC Technical Grade 3-36 to inhibit any corrosion.

5. Did you take it apart completely ? Any good guides to this process?

Nicely done, Steven. I restored a #2 as well, but did not disassemble completely. Will likely get after it some cold winter evening. Thanks for sharing the exploded view...that will be helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Derudder View Post
    Did you take it apart completely ? Any good guides to this process?
    I took everything apart that I could. I have an exploded view of the drill in this post. The side knob ferrule and threads stayed together and so did the lever knob(not sure what to call it) because that shaft isn't removable. I looked at a few articles online and WK Tools' website, and winged the rest.

I have an album of more in process photos

https://imgur.com/a/FU1OQm8

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
    Nicely done, Steven. I restored a #2 as well, but did not disassemble completely. Will likely get after it some cold winter evening. Thanks for sharing the exploded view...that will be helpful!

Thank you and glad it will help.