Thread: Another birdhouse

Blog Entries

Another birdhouse

As the title says here's another birdhouseIMG_20190705_161253.jpgIMG_20190705_161232.jpg
    Dennis

Very nice Dennis. How did you decide to cut the circular sections, after all?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Very nice Dennis. How did you decide to cut the circular sections, after all?
    After overthinking how to draw circles using a computer program, I bought a good quality, old fashioned compass, and drew the circles I need in about 15 minutes. I then just cut them out on my band saw and sanded them down to the needed diameter. Worked great. These hand tool guys know what they're doing
    Dennis

Way too cool, dennis. How do you intend to use it ? Will you hang it or will it set on a surface ?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Yonak, We will mount it on top of a 4x4 about 6' high in our yard. I still need to make a small 4x4 sleeve about 4" high to mount on the bottom of the birdhouse and then slide it on top of the 4 x4.

I know all about keeping squirrels and raccoons off of bird feeders but, are there any concerns about trying to keep critters away from bird houses ?

Nice work. How about some detail shots?