Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fiber Laser:System Error!"

Exclamation "Fiber Laser:System Error!"

Anyone have experience finding the cause for EZ-CAD's error message: "Fiber Laser:System Error!" ?

[F1[ Red dot trace works, so galvos must be working...

[F2] gives the above error. Was working on a metal job, left and came back and red dot was moving but seemingly with no power.

Any help is appreciated as that I am dead in the water with this machine until I can fix it.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

The LASER LED on the board is not illuminated...looks like something died. At least I have a warranty.

20190705_111743.jpg
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

That's the error I get when I forget to turn on the laser source, I mean when someone else forgets...

Try a complete shut down and restart, it might be ok after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    That's the error I get when I forget to turn on the laser source, I mean when someone else forgets...

Try a complete shut down and restart, it might be ok after that.
    I did, may try again....when/if we forget to turn galvo on it says laser reserved...
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

So from scratch (power off) and turn everything on, I can get F2 to run once before it throws the error. Laser runs as if power set to 0%.

The 'Laser' LED on the controller board is stays unlit throughout *except* for flashing red briefly at the onset. I guess I'll wait for the seller's input, but it looks like the laser source is not working. All the fans come on on the Raycus source but I get no zapp. I'll keep y'all posted for their resolution. I hope I don't have to crate the whole thing and return it seeing as that I burned the crate months ago.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Threw a voltmeter on the power supply: getting 13.6V out of what is supposed to be 24V. We'll see if the seller sends me what I need. I may cross post to the other Ebay laser thread as an FYI. Thanks for reading.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Just because the PSU is putting out low voltage doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, some PSU's show low voltage without a load of some sort. That may not be the case here, but it could be. You really only have a few things that can go bad - PSU, controller, source, and galvanometer, otherwise it could be a bad connection or a configuration issue. Since it was working and just stopped, it's not likely to be configuration. While you are waiting for the mfg, I'd check all connections to make sure they are all good - remove, clean, and replace each one, don't just tighten them as they could be corroded or have arced.

Is it enclosed? Could there be a safety interlock that's not working?

Seen that error before, it was a bad source. Not sure that's your issue, but it was in the case I know of.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I've tested PSU's in half my machines and so far they've all measured what they're supposed to, but I haven't measured any of my fiber's PSU's yet. I'm betting that low voltage is likely the problem. Pretty sure you have a Max source in that machine, all 3 of my machines have Max lasers...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The seller has stated I need to replace the 5v switching power supply. I have (2) coming tomorrow. Hopefully that is the fix and not the source that is bad.

My source is actually a Raycus, Kev.

Fingers crossed.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I've tested PSU's in half my machines and so far they've all measured what they're supposed to, but I haven't measured any of my fiber's PSU's yet. I'm betting that low voltage is likely the problem. Pretty sure you have a Max source in that machine, all 3 of my machines have Max lasers...
    It was not the power supply in the case I mentioned, it was the actual source. Just for reference, some dealers out of China will tell you the source from Raycus has a 1 year warranty however, Raycus states it's 2 years. Not too nice to be telling people it has a 1 year warranty when it actually has 2!!!! The biggest issue one would have is that to get it covered under warranty, it's repaired by Raycus meaning you have to send it back to China and you can't send it directly to Raycus. You have to send it to the dealer it was bought from.

What value do you put on it when you send it back for repair? A new source is $2,500. If you put $2,000 worth of value on it (in case it gets lost), China will tax you about $600 to get it into the country (that's on top of the $400 it costs to ship it DHL one way). You have to put zero value on it, at which time, if it's lost, you are out $2,500 plus the shipping.

It will cost you about $800 in shipping to get it there and back and then takes about 1-3 months for it to get to your supplier, then sent to Raycus, and then back to your supplier, and back to you. I saw one get hung up in customs and it stayed there for close to a month.

Here's what's inside the top side of the source in case you were curious....

IMG_3037.jpgIMG_3042.jpg
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

After further review, it looks (and I hope) the culprit is a fried transformer on the one power supply.

crispy.jpg

Scott, thanks for the info/ source warranty story...
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

I hope so Chris, that would be great. Dealing with a Chinese warranty repair isn't for the faint hearted. You can be sure you'll be down for 2 months.

Does anyone have experience installing and aligning a new fiber laser source?
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DeGerolamo View Post
    Does anyone have experience installing and aligning a new fiber laser source?
    You can't really align it without some pretty special tools. Only thing you can do is mechanically align it. You can make a couple of alignment tools to help on your other lasers. Just make sure the black cylinder part is in alignment with the hole in the back of the scanhead and you'll be fine. Not much else you can do. The beam is invisible and doesn't mark tape or most anything else that would be helpful.

I always revert back to "Well, the people that assembled it clearly didn't have the special tools either" and approach it like that. You'll often find pieces of Chinese newspaper shimming up things, so I'm pretty sure they aren't using specialized equipment to align it