Thread: Corn Hole Game

Corn Hole Game

My wife has been after me to build a corn hole set, that we can play with the grandkids. I finally got it mostly done last weekend. Some 2x4s and half a sheet of MDO is about all it takes. Tomorrow I’ll clearcoat it so it’s smoother for the beanbags (that my wife has to make now) will slide smoothly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Here is my version. I made it as a birthday present for my son and his wife.

ART_1699.jpg

3. Saw this on ESPN the other day, with sponsors and everything.

In America ANYTHING can be a professional televised competition it seems.

In America ANYTHING can be a professional televised competition it seems.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's been a long time since I've heard about any tobacco juice spitting contests

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post

Well, it's been a long time since I've heard about any tobacco juice spitting contests
    Give it time. However, with sponsors becoming more and more averse to being associated with tobacco brands they may need to call it "nicotania ruminate expulsion" or something. I can hear it now: "World NRE championship brought to you by Nicorette Gum Saturday at 8 pm Eastern on ESPN 24.6 and live streaming on ESPN the microwave oven".

Nice project, by the way.
    Last edited by Günter VögelBerg; 07-06-2019 at 4:31 PM.

Half-inch plywood is the "official" surface.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

My wife finished the 8 bags, so maybe this afternoon I’ll have the legs done and we can play a game.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

Had to use 3/4" ply for mine....when you have a 3 year old son, all he sees is a ramp with a hole in the top...much has been launched off of our set!

Quote Originally Posted by Shad Schreiner View Post
    Had to use 3/4" ply for mine....when you have a 3 year old son, all he sees is a ramp with a hole in the top...much has been launched off of our set!
    Watch out Shad. In a few more years, he'll be using it as a ramp to "launch" his bike. Neighbor kid tried that.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

There are some that are really serious about it as a sport. The American Cornhole Organization (americancornhole.com) has a 10 page document of rules pertaining to equipment, layout, play and scoring.
    Search YouTube for cornhole and you'll get A LOT of videos on making the sets. Seems that there is a lot of money to be had making these, with sets going up to $300 with lights and auto scoring. The frames are the easy part, the decorations and finish are the piece that sells them.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Our bags are plastic pellets. If you use actual dried corn kernels, the game will eventually become a corn meal hole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Our bags are plastic pellets. If you use actual dried corn kernels, the game will eventually become a corn meal hole game.
    or a corn meal for a squirrel when you leave them outside for a night.

We built a set for our wedding and have them. I used 2x4 and 1/2 ply with a few coats of paint and decoration. they are plenty heavy. I bet yours are even heavier!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    My wife finished the 8 bags, so maybe this afternoon I’ll have the legs done and we can play a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    My wife has been after me to build a corn hole set, that we can play with the grandkids. I finally got it mostly done last weekend. Some 2x4s and half a sheet of MDO is about all it takes. Tomorrow I’ll clearcoat it so it’s smoother for the beanbags (that my wife has to make now) will slide smoothly.
    Hi Joe,

I saw your advice on another thread and went to message you directly but could not work out how.

I have an Epilog Mini 40 watt machine. It has worked great however recently my clean cut lines have turned into charred burnt lines when cutting mirrored acrylic.
    I have attached a couple of referance images and played with all settings multiple times. Any idea what could be causing this? the mirrored side just looks burnt on the edges.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I replied to one of your other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lina charbine View Post
    Hi Joe,

I saw your advice on another thread and went to message you directly but could not work out how.

I have an Epilog Mini 40 watt machine. It has worked great however recently my clean cut lines have turned into charred burnt lines when cutting mirrored acrylic.
    I have attached a couple of referance images and played with all settings multiple times. Any idea what could be causing this? the mirrored side just looks burnt on the edges.

Sammamish, WA

Here is a set I made for my brother-in-law and I to play while cooking BBQ (I run a BBQ catering business as a side gig). The Red Sox appliqué was purchased from Amazon.

882822E5-A970-46FD-8814-747CAA2248C0.jpg