Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED shop lights

LED shop lights

Where can I find 6000 lumen led shop lights?

I got a set of these recently:

OOOLED LED Shop Light,4FT(4pack),42W 4800LM 5000K Daylight White

Only 4800 LM, but work well and good price when you get for our more.

Bob

Rockler has 4000, 5000, 7500, and 10000 lumen 4' long shop lights. Not the cheapest but if you need a lot of light in a small package, they will do the job. They are on sale right now.

I've bought other kinds of LED lighting from superbrightleds.com. If you're thinking of tube-style shop lights, here's a page with a bunch of lights with 6000 lumens or more: https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...near-lighting/

Blog Entries
    If you have deep pockets, check out https://www.bigassfans.com/lights/ Lots of different models & the quality is top notch. I don't have any in my shop, but we've installed them in warehouses.

Rockler seems to have the best selection at good prices. I wonder why the others are so much more expensive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Benkin View Post
    Rockler seems to have the best selection at good prices. I wonder why the others are so much more expensive.
    The LED market is very much the wild west. Cheaper LEDs will have lower CRI, higher lumen depreciation, more color shift among the individual LEDs over time, higher failure rate of chips & drivers, less efficiency. I'm suspect of any that are not from long time, established, quality brands.

I bought 6000K led bypass bulbs from greenlightdepot I ended up only having to use 8 fixtures instead of 16 that I had before and there is more light and no buzz and they start when it is 10 below

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    If you have deep pockets, check out https://www.bigassfans.com/lights/ Lots of different models & the quality is top notch. I don't have any in my shop, but we've installed them in warehouses.
    LOL they DO make some nice stuff, but their prices are just a little over the top for LED lighting, even if they are crazy bright and very well made!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    LOL they DO make some nice stuff, but their prices are just a little over the top for LED lighting, even if they are crazy bright and very well made!
    Ya, they are to rich for my blood & I can get installer pricing for them. Most of their lighting goes in big warehouse & commercial installations.

Blog Entries
    I have a very small shop but for $30 I bought several single tube LED lights. They each have a plug-in so you can have them all on one switch, if you go the cheap route.
    Some makers don't seem to have a handle on Kelvin when referring to light temperature. In the past I've bought 3000K under cabinet lights that were closer to sunlight than 3000.

Costco has 4000 lumen LED lights for $29. I installed 12 in my new shop and it is bright - 48,000 lumens is almost blinding.

Quote Originally Posted by carey mitchell View Post
    Costco has 4000 lumen LED lights for $29. I installed 12 in my new shop and it is bright - 48,000 lumens is almost blinding.
    I installed two of these in my garage for supplemental lighting a few months ago. I just bought another 6 last weekend to replace the regular lights in my garage, which are merely 2 single-bulb fixtures. I really like the color temperature of these Costco lights.. I may buy 2 more for better lighting over my workbench along one wall.

Like Carey, I use the Feit lights from Costco...working in my shop is like working on the beach on a sunny day, albeit without the surf and sights....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    The Harbor Freight model is 5000 CFL and when on sale only $19. I've got 6 now, and two put out way more light than the dual bulb 8ft Fluorescent fixtures I'm replacing. My only issue is that they are individually powered with 4ft cord.
    But I'm just adding an outlet box in ceiling where prior power was located.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others