Thread: Grizzly 0457 bandsaw tires

Grizzly 0457 bandsaw tires

I have this bandsaw for quite a few years, maybe 8-9. Today when I start sawing, bandsaw blade become loose. Start looking for the problems and discover lower wheel tire off. No damage as far as I see on tire or blade. Reset everything including guides and start sawing again and in a few minutes same problem.
    I think just a time to change tires?
    Anybody has a problem like this? I keep tension "on" for most of the time between using bandsaw, is this could be explanation for tire loose?
    ANd where to looks for a new one? Grizzle is one saoure, do I need to look for any specific material tire made?

Thank you, Have a nice day.
    Ed.

I have an older 18” grizzly bandsaw. Forget the model number. Have owned it for well over 20 years.

The tires were appearance wise in good condition, but they lost their stretch and would come away from the wheel where the blade was not holding them on. I don’t think I ever had my blade come off, but there was some sound or something that caught my attention, and caused me to run the bandsaw with the covers off, to see what was happening.

Since the tires looked great, I decided to glue the tires on the wheels. That fixed my issue, but I would have replaced the tires if they were worn or damaged, which they were not.

I would replace both tires, not just one.

Just a possible alternative if your tires are in good shape but just lost their stretch like mine did. One issue with glue is it may make replacing the tires in the future a more difficult task...
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

I think I am going to replace both tires. I check upper wheel and tire very easy to slide on the wheel.
    I found threads with info for gluing or using hairspray to prevent tire to move, but I think it will be easier and more productive to replace both tires.
    Thank you, Ed.

The Grizzly part number for your replacement tires is P0457078.
    David

I recently replaced the brand new urethane tires on my 19" Grizzly to Blue Max brand. The Grizzly ones made the saw vibrate like crazy while the Blue Max ones are silky smooth. Another company to look at is Sulfur Grove. I would check to see if they make replacements for your saw.

Thank you, guys. Just ordered a new set of tires from Sulfur Groves.

Ed.