Thread: Exterior Dental Office Sign

Exterior Dental Office Sign

This is my latest sign project. It's a double sided rehab job basically I had to strip the existing sign down to the plywood and fabricate all new panels. Once we got started we had to replace one half of the plywood on one side, it was water damaged and de laminating. I made all of the new panels from Glacier White Dupont Corian and they were all longer than the bed of my CNC Router.

The big problem with this job was the weather. It was so hot we had to break the install up over two days working in the early morning and late evening hours. Even so we had problems with our paper templates sticking to the plywood base because of very high humidity so it was difficult to move the templates in small increments.

I still have to work on the copper sheet at the top of the sign. We have decided to install a plastic drip edge that will protect the plywood panels from rain damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-03-2019 at 9:53 AM.

Nice work, Keith. That's a great looking sign.

I love signs, and that's a good one. Think the sign should be several inches higher to give another step ,instead of the
    Dissimilar materials blending in a straight line.

Nicely done Keith!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Very nice work. I’m always intrigued with sign making.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Thanks Gentlemen, I appreciate your comments. I really enjoy sign work, although most of my work is interior I do take on exterior sign work on occasion.

Mel this sign was a rehab so I didn't have the option to make any major changes. My customer did change some of the text but the panels were fabricated per the original design.

Great work Keith! I especially like the color combination, and it’s well suited to the brick.

I used to hate installations with posts on hot days, but fortunately we don’t have that many of those. It was just 72 today.

Was it your dentist? I did my dentist’s signs back in the 90s and traded for a root canal.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

If they high enough the brick and sign curves could blend but with a gap, how would that be?
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Joe, yes it was for my dentist. He knew that I did commercial signs and asked me to make the necessary changes because he sold his dental practice. The design is close to the original but we used Corian instead of wood for the new panels. I guess we could have made a deal for the sign but he is retiring soon and i don't need any serious dental work in the near term but I can sure use the money