Thread: Advice needed for camper graphic material

Question Advice needed for camper graphic material

I’ve been asking this question all over, without getting good answers. I hope somebody here can help.

The graphics on my camper could stand replacing. The manufacturer cannot supply them.

What kind of material, vinyl, I presume, should I get and where from? I can cut them by hand or on a cutter I have access to. Doing it by hand seems quicker in this case because these are simple swooshes four or five inches wide by maybe seven feet long at the most. They’re nothing real fancy.

I would like material that would last a good while.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Tony Zona; 07-01-2019 at 7:55 PM.

My wife does vinyl work with a couple of machines. She has done several enclosed trailers, cars, horse trailers, etc.. She has several companies she buys her materials from. one that comes to mind is USCutter. You can use google or some other search engine to find other dealers. There are a variety of vinyls that are UV and rot resistant. That is what you want.
    Oracal 651 is one that she recommends.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Where I live, there are sign shops all over the place that cut and apply vinyl to the sides of commercial vehicles. I would guess that it is similar where you live. That is where I would start.

Vinyl is typically what's used for graphics, either as transfers or as a wrap, depending on how complex and how much coverage is required/needed. Sign shops for the latter for sure; for transfers sign shops and individual contractors are sources.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

google 'signmaking supplies' and 'plastics', see if you can find a place local to get the stuff. Oracal 651 is pretty good stuff, I've used it for years. Scotchcal 220 is good too. The trick, is to find a place that will sell to you by the foot. Regional Supply, near me and online has everything you need, but since they moved into they're bigger warehouse the minimum they'll sell you is a 10 yard box. That's not too bad unless you're needing several colors.

And get a vinyl squeegee
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

There are different vinyls for different things wraps use a different one then window or wall vinyl.

7. When I saw "graphic material" I thought "What kind of camping does he do!?".

Gunter,

That has me me sitting here chuckling.

Thanks all for the help.