Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you use a Oscillating Multi-Tool for?

Like most of you I rarely need my multi-tool on a daily basis for general woodworking. BUT, I use it daily to cut tabs on sheet that I machine with my CNC Router and it saves a huge amount of time and saves my Corian material from breaking at the tabs and damaging the edges so it saves money as well.

IMO it's an indispensable tool whether it's a Fein or a HF model.

I know it's not woodworking but I trimmed off a toilet bowl flange bolt that was a bit too long to allow the plastic cap to be installed.

Your mileage may vary!
    Best regards,

Ron

You haven't really been lost until you've been lost at Mach 2!

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I slipped a knife scraper blade in one to remove a large sticker from my new compressor. Been working on it for 5 minutes with WD40 and a credit card to get 1/3 of it off. The multi-tool took the rest off in 20 seconds.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    All this talk of removing labels has me wondering how well it would work for getting the old graphics off of my 5th wheel. On the side that faces south during winter storage, the decals are badly faded & cracking.

The usual stuff like door and floor trim for tile installation, but it really was the only tool for one project. Was redoing a room for my sweetie and she wanted a funky angled gnome-like door cut out in an existing closet. The kicker was I had to cut it out of the existing wall, so the door would match the panelled wall, which wouldn't be so bad, but she also didn't want any trim at all around the door. My Rockwell vibrating tool with a wide blade and slow careful cutting did the trick, and she was pleased as punch with the door.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    All this talk of removing labels has me wondering how well it would work for getting the old graphics off of my 5th wheel. On the side that faces south during winter storage, the decals are badly faded & cracking.
    I wouldn't try a sharp blade, one goof and you are digging into the paint. Use a heat gun to remove the vinyl, then get a rubber wheel for your drill to remove the adhesive.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=3m+stripe...nb_sb_ss_i_1_9
    NOW you tell me...