Thread: finding my old posts

finding my old posts

Went looking for a post I made maybe 6 or 8 months ago but I only see posts going back to 5-31-19. How do I find the older posts I made?

Bill,

I just click on my name at the top of the page. Then I select "Find latest Posts". Then I page backwards. I just did it to test and I went back into 2018 before returning to reply to you post.

What's interesting is I couldn't see my posts beyond May of 2018.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-29-2019 at 7:16 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thx Ken - when I click on my name I get 6 options - one of which is view forum posts, and then I can find all of them Thanks. I didn't write down the finish regimen I used on the library table anywhere except in the post, and was not looking forward to try and create it again. So I guess I better start keeping notes, huh? Hindsight is always clear as a bell and 20-20.

You can also use Advanced Search with your user name keyed in and the subject or key word(s) you're looking for. That's how I find my, um..."vintage" posts...when necessary.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    You can also use Advanced Search with your user name keyed in and the subject or key word(s) you're looking for. That's how I find my, um..."vintage" posts...when necessary.
    That was my exact thought when I saw Bill's question.

Bill, is this the post?: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....98#post2856998 (This message took about 10 seconds to find with the advanced search.)

"...Varathane Dark Walnut gel stain, then sanded to 320; 2 coats of Amber Zinnser Shellac, scuffed between coast with purple 3M pad, 2 coats of 1lb dewaxed blonde shellac (Wellermart), scuffed, then about 12 coats of wipe on poly sanded to 320 between coats. Everything was put on with pads - no brushes...."

Yes I deed. Now I know. Thanks for the help gents.