Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The History of Grizzly - Video

1. The History of Grizzly - Video

For those of you that wondered how it all began and how Grizzly grew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQk1WmXpm4

Interesting. As a small business owner, I appreciate the work and dedication it took to build Grizzly to what it is today.

Excellent video, I enjoyed watching it.

That was neat. It's always great to see someone start from almost nothing and succeed as you have!
    Good for you!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That was a very interesting video, thanks for taking the time to do and share with us.

Excellent video and an awesome story! Thank you Shiraz for sharing.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Enjoyed the story. Thanks Shiraz.

A great story Shiraz. I visited your Springfield showroom a few years ago and was highly impressed.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If I say something nice in this thread, can I get massive discount?

Great story!

“He found him in Mombassa
    In a bar room drinkin' Gin”

-Warren Zevon

What an impressive story! Thanks for creating that video and sharing.

Great video! "Hippy machine, he had a bad back, six more dollars than I had that morning". I found your story inspiring and fascinating..

I love all the stuff on your desk. Behind your phone and next the paper roll adding machine is a yellow box with keys and a joy stick. What is it?

Just bought my first Grizzly product. A G0513X2 bandsaw. Thinking that Grizzly was going to be my choice for future equipment purchases. Unfortunately when I went to put the guide rails on the table I discovered that the holes to attach them to had not been threaded. I called Grizzly and spoke to a Tech Support person named Sam. Sam was very thorough and knowledgeable. He told me he would send the request up to management (I did ask for some form of compensation for my troubles. As a business person I always stand behind my product. Not only do I resolve the problem I also offer a discount on a future purchase. I figured they would send out a new table top, which was ok by me. Imagine my surprise when all they would do is send out a tap, that I would have to tap the holes with. And no type of compensation. If shipping wasn’t such an expense I would have returned the saw. With no form of compensation. Shiraz, congratulations on your company’s growth. Unfortunately this is one customer who will not be coming back to you.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Hussey View Post
    Unfortunately when I went to put the guide rails on the table I discovered that the holes to attach them to had not been threaded.
    If the table was undamaged and all it needed was to have the holes threaded, IMO it's excessive to expect a new top and compensation. Sending a tap and cutting oil doesn't seem unfair - we are talking a few minutes' work. I might throw in a 10% off coupon for goodwill.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    If the table was undamaged and all it needed was to have the holes threaded, IMO it's excessive to expect a new top and compensation. Sending a tap and cutting oil doesn't seem unfair - we are talking a few minutes' work. I might throw in a 10% off coupon for goodwill.
    +1. I have had nothing but good service from them. They usually go above and beyond. Although frustrating having things not right when you are assembling a new machine there are stories from every single brand on here if you look. I think what Grizzly did for the problem was fine.

I am impressed it took almost 24 hours for the first person to try and turn this thread into a complaint session.

You could have easily private messaged him the complaint if you wanted him to hear it, but you obviously wanted future potential customers to see it.