Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Spread A Lot Of Glue - So....I bought this.....

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Dennis , did you get the smaller one or the wider one?

Thanks Richard
    I got the 180 miL one. It works great and the larger one, would really be too large for all the stuff I do.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I have had that one for 30 years, still works, bought it for veneer layups. I also worked at a place that made 100k boardroom tables and its the one we used for veneer layups of 40' long tables and under. I doubt the plastic one would work for as long but for $19 who cares we live in a throw away world now...

Nice idea and a new idea, at least for me. I'm old school--I just dump a bunch of white or yellow PVA glue into a roller tray and use a short nap paint roller for large panels and veneer.

Like you even though I have had a Virutex for 30 years, I sometimes use a nap roller when I don't want to do the cleanup on smaller projects but I can tell you it doesn't work nearly as well as the Virutex, and for veneer layup it is the only choice as you can control the glue much better, smoother and even. I have no experience with this low cost throwaway version but I would bet for $20 it's way better than using a nap roller and the roi would be pretty quick.