Thread: slow reciept of typed responses

slow reciept of typed responses

I don't contribute much here because it is annoying to type a response. As slow as I type the site lags receiving characters and I have to go back and fill in letters, sometimes many in a single sentence. for eample, I wl type a line atmy slow typing speed and see how ma character re missing......

Quote Originally Posted by bill tindall View Post
    I don't contribute much here because it is annoying to type a response. As slow as I type the site lags receiving characters and I have to go back and fill in letters, sometimes many in a single sentence. for eample, I wl type a line atmy slow typing speed and see how ma character re missing......
    Bill,

What internal editor are you using with SMC? I found the WYSIWYG caused some terrible problems in some situations. Switching to a simpler editor fixed them for me and others.

I posted this a couple of years ago when some were having trouble with slow responses: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....t-input-issues

To see what editor you are using and try the others:

- Click on Settings at the top of the screen,
    - click on General Settings in the left panel,
    - scroll down to Miscellaneous Options.

First try Basic Editor and if that works, maybe try Standard Editor.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Bill,

What internal editor are you using with SMC? I found the WYSIWYG caused some terrible problems in some situations. Switching to a simpler editor fixed them for me and others.

I posted this a couple of years ago when some were having trouble with slow responses: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....t-input-issues

To see what editor you are using and try the others:

- Click on Settings at the top of the screen,
    - click on General Settings in the left panel,
    - scroll down to Miscellaneous Options.

First try Basic Editor and if that works, maybe try Standard Editor.

JKJ
    Bill your current editor is set to WYSIWYG according to your profile, I suggest you change it to standard.

settings.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute