Thread: slow reciept of typed responses

slow reciept of typed responses

I don't contribute much here because it is annoying to type a response. As slow as I type the site lags receiving characters and I have to go back and fill in letters, sometimes many in a single sentence. for eample, I wl type a line atmy slow typing speed and see how ma character re missing......

Quote Originally Posted by bill tindall View Post
    I don't contribute much here because it is annoying to type a response. As slow as I type the site lags receiving characters and I have to go back and fill in letters, sometimes many in a single sentence. for eample, I wl type a line atmy slow typing speed and see how ma character re missing......
    Bill,

What internal editor are you using with SMC? I found the WYSIWYG caused some terrible problems in some situations. Switching to a simpler editor fixed them for me and others.

I posted this a couple of years ago when some were having trouble with slow responses: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....t-input-issues

To see what editor you are using and try the others:

- Click on Settings at the top of the screen,
    - click on General Settings in the left panel,
    - scroll down to Miscellaneous Options.

First try Basic Editor and if that works, maybe try Standard Editor.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Bill,

What internal editor are you using with SMC? I found the WYSIWYG caused some terrible problems in some situations. Switching to a simpler editor fixed them for me and others.

I posted this a couple of years ago when some were having trouble with slow responses: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....t-input-issues

To see what editor you are using and try the others:

- Click on Settings at the top of the screen,
    - click on General Settings in the left panel,
    - scroll down to Miscellaneous Options.

First try Basic Editor and if that works, maybe try Standard Editor.

JKJ
    Bill your current editor is set to WYSIWYG according to your profile, I suggest you change it to standard.

settings.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA- '71
    Captain USN(Ret)

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute