Thread: Need parts for Jet table saw JWTS-10 CW/JF

Need parts for Jet table saw JWTS-10 CW/JF

Maybe someone has these parts they want to sell for a fair price, or can point me to a good source. (I looked at Jet, Ereplacementparts,Toolpartsdirect)

The orphan is a JWTS-10CW/JF. The main parts I need are:

200111 - motor bracket
    200113 - motor plate - Can"t Find
    200130 - motor plate shaft - Can't Find

(I also need the belt guard, bracket, spacer, bolt, wing nut. but these seem to be available. )

Thanks for looking,
    Annapolis, Maryland 21409
    Bill
    Last edited by William Grauer; 06-17-2019 at 1:58 PM.

Jet was very helpful in getting a replacement front rail when I contracted then directly.

Second the idea of contacting Jet directly. I doubt they're still making replacement parts, but they may know of a clone out there that would work.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to jerry-rig something to.het.you working. If you're willing to forego blade tilt it would be pretty easy. And as someone who owns this saw, I'd advise against expecting tilt to be of any use. It's a real pain to get it aligned at 45 degrees (even using PALS), and every time you tilt it racks the trunion and pulls it out of alignment at 90 degrees. That means I have to align anytime I'm going to tilt...which just isn't worth it.

If I were going to try and DIY it, I'd just add a cantilevered shelf off the back for a motor mount. Instead of using the motor's weight for tension, I'd install it in slots on the shelf that allow the motor to slide front to back to tension it (which would have to be adjusted when you change blade height). Admittedly cumbersome but if the other choice is the scrap bin, it could work. I'm sure you could also find someone to fabricate replacements...but it will almost surely cost you more than the saw is worth.

Thanks for the replies on the Jet table saw. I think i found all the parts. Some came from Jet and some from ereplacementparts. Two calls to the people at Jet parts, and they were very helpfull. I'll just need to decide on blade guard & splitter/riving knife stuff.

Any comments on that are more than welcome.

Bill
    Last edited by William Grauer; 06-26-2019 at 2:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    My experience with Jet has always been first rate.

Quote Originally Posted by William Grauer View Post
    Thanks for the replies on the Jet table saw. I think i found all the parts. Some came from Jet and some from ereplacementparts. Two calls to the people at Jet parts, and they were very helpfull. I'll just need to decide on blade guard & splitter/riving knife stuff.

Any comments on that are more than welcome.

Bill
    Good news. Glad they were able to get you what you needed.

The Microjig MJ Splitter will work, and certainly is the cheapest option. Otherwise I'd go with a Shark Guard. I think the stock guard/splitter is junk, and wouldn't spend the money on buying it as a replacement.