Thread: GCC Spirit vector cutting problem

GCC Spirit vector cutting problem

Hi,

First post!

I recently acquired an old but quite well maintained GCC Spirit 25W, new Synrad tube.
    The raster engraving works from both Illustrator and MsPaint but as soon as I try vector cutting the machine moves the head to the top right corner of the cutting area and gives an error beep.
    I upgraded firmware to 3.02-06 and I am using the driver 32V64V-4.04-03 in Windows 10.
    I tried it with Win7 before and had the same problem.I also reset all settings and tried what I could think of both in the menu on the machine and in the driver settings.

Does anybody recognize this?

I'm seriously considering getting it under Mach3 control instead but using it with a printer type driver would make it possible for more people here to use it and I wouldn't have to teach them Mach3!

Regards
    /Daniel

If there's no error message on the screen, the beep is simply a 'job done' beep.

I run into this occasionally with my Explorer, and it's always because I've asked the machine to do something it can't do... Color of engraving engraving and output color must match, line width can't be anything but HAIRLINE or the machine will consider it raster art and not a toolpath/vector line, and be sure the color you select has the Vector option turned on (in my pic, it's NOT, so the machine would do what yours is doing)

gccc.jpg

There's one setting in the driver I've never used and have no idea what it does or if it would matter, and one that WOULD matter:
    gcc2.jpg
    --The "Use Border" function I have no clue about, just be sure it's un-checked..
    And be sure "normal' and not "all raster" is checked, all raster would likely negate any vectoring...

Hope this helps--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I agree with Kev's suggestions. I believe the border setting is for use when making rubber stamps. I don't do stamps but I believe it makes a cut line around the text on stamps.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thank you very much for the tips, I will try this when I get back from my summer vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If there's no error message on the screen, the beep is simply a 'job done' beep.

I run into this occasionally with my Explorer, and it's always because I've asked the machine to do something it can't do... Color of engraving engraving and output color must match, line width can't be anything but HAIRLINE or the machine will consider it raster art and not a toolpath/vector line, and be sure the color you select has the Vector option turned on (in my pic, it's NOT, so the machine would do what yours is doing)

gccc.jpg

There's one setting in the driver I've never used and have no idea what it does or if it would matter, and one that WOULD matter:
    gcc2.jpg
    --The "Use Border" function I have no clue about, just be sure it's un-checked..
    And be sure "normal' and not "all raster" is checked, all raster would likely negate any vectoring...

Hope this helps--

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post

gccc.jpg

gcc2.jpg

Hope this helps--
    Hey! I tried it today and when I set the line width to 0.01pt in Illustrator it worked! The minimum preset line width was 0.25 so I assumed it was the smallest but apparently not so!
    The machine still beeps and goes to the top right corner instead of the top left I assumed it would go to but it cuts and it is repeatable so it appears to work! I need to adjust the mirrors again since the thing has been moved and get some kind of ventilation set up but I'm on the right track, thank you so much for your help!

/Daniel