Thread: Epilog Helix 24 Pricing

Epilog Helix 24 Pricing

Hi,

I'm new here and also new to laser engraving/cutting and have a question. I've scoured through threads, but haven't had much luck finding pricing information. People don't seem to want to disclose the price they paid for their systems from the manufacturers. This seems a little counterintuitive to me since it would help everyone get a better price.

That being said, I've settled on the Helix 24 at 30 watts and was hoping for some advice with pricing from my distributor. I know there's some give in the price, but I really have no clue to what extent. My local dealer has the 30 watt Helix 24 marked at $16,995. I'd really just like an idea of where I should start my negotiations. Should I expect to be able to get 20% off? More? Less?

I'd greatly appreciate any input you can offer on your experience negotiating with Epilog.

Thanks,
    Cole

I know zilch about Epilog price, but try this:

this is a link to the US Distributors for Eplilog's webpage--> https://www.epiloglaser.com/where-to...stributors.htm

Go there, click on your state, all distributors close by will show up. If not, click a couple states away

Call them and ask them what their absolute best price for the machine you want, and just use that as reference - and/or leverage - against your local dealers price...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

That's actually a great idea. It feels like I'm buying a new car, I didn't realize I was going to need to haggle when I decided to get into lasers.
    Graphtec CE6000 Plus Series Vinyl Cutter

It's not too often that capital equipment isn't a negotiated price. The better negotiator you are, the better price you'll get. Lasers aren't commodity items so it's a fair statement that someone running a distributorship for lasers in San Francisco has a much higher cost than one in Alabama.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I have never heard of anyone negotiating a discount from Epilog, but maybe a distributor would give up some of their percentage to make the sale. Let us know how it goes.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    I have never heard of anyone negotiating a discount from Epilog, but maybe a distributor would give up some of their percentage to make the sale. Let us know how it goes.
    Joe, I've seen a few people mention they got a slight discount and some free add-ons (rotary attachment and air compressor). Not sure how much the discount was, but it was mentioned. I'll check back once I'm finished with my negotiations.
    Graphtec CE6000 Plus Series Vinyl Cutter

In my 20 plus years of engraving I've never known anybody, including Epilog, who wouldn't negotitate price. Way back when I was looking to replace my 25 watt ULS, Epilog quoted and when it appeared that I was going with Trotec they came back with a much lower quote. I still bought the Trotec.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I agree with Mike and Cole. Everyone can negotiate. Lasers are not cheap and you have some options where you can buy. When i bought GCC i negotiate better price for machine and accessories.
    GCC Spirit LS 20w,60W, 100w
    WEIKE LC 1612 90/130W RECI
    Morntech Fiber 30w raycus
    Haotian Laser Fiber MOPA 80w
    CO2 Galvo 35w
    Corel X6

Back in '95 Dad wanted a new work truck. Dealer talked us into leasing. Found a truck we liked, we settled on a down payment, they came in with paperwork, $415(ish) per month, 2-year Red Carpet lease.
    Dad said 'too high. I want it under $300.
    They came back again, $370's.
    Nope
    next, $350's...
    Nope.
    We may need a little more down payment--
    Dad coughed up another $500...
    next, $315...
    Nope, under $300...
    $304?
    Nope. Under $300
    --- $299.97?
    We'll take it...

We got up to leave a couple of times

That was a lot of fun, actually, and to my point-- you can haggle lease terms too, if you choose to go that route--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Anything ever come of this? Curious on the pricing for the Legend series myself. Wondering what kind of deals people were able to get.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!