Thread: Worksharp WS3000 Wide Blade Attachment: how can I get one?

Worksharp WS3000 Wide Blade Attachment: how can I get one?

Hi all,

I would really like to get my hands on one of these. Does anyone want to sell me theirs?

Thanks!

-dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gaylin View Post
    Hi all,

I would really like to get my hands on one of these. Does anyone want to sell me theirs?
    Long since discontinued. There were issues along the lines of alignment changing, difficult to adjust, unstable, etc. (But that's never stopped anyone from selling something.) I seem to recall that "Stumpy Nubs" was promoting a home-schooled replacement for it? Because the thickness of the sandpaper varies by grit, it's non-trivial to come up with a perfect accessory solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gaylin View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks!

-dan
    You should post a WTB message about this on Classifieds. I believe buying and selling is only permitted there but you have to be a contributor to post. If I see the request there I'll check and see if I still have one. I bought a box with the entire system and a bunch of extras at an auction but can't remember what all was in the box.

Hi Dan,
    If you can't find one, you can make something that works just as well, pretty easily. There are several videos out there that show how to build a workstation for your Worksharp that includes a table top that works the same way as the wide blade attachment. I made mine several years ago and it works very well. If you're interested, google "Worksharp 3000 workstation" and a number of pictures and videos will come up. I built the Stumpy Nubs version but there are several others.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks for the replies. Will check out the video. Sorry to have posted in the wrong place -- I’m relatively new here. Per John's suggestion I have posted a WTB in the classified section.
    Last edited by Dan Gaylin; 06-26-2019 at 12:00 AM.

John, thanks for your reply to my PM. FYI, I tried to reply back but your mailbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    Thanks Ronald,

I checked that place out -- they are in Jarkata. I wrote to them a week ago to see if they actually had it and never heard back. Thanks though!

--dan

I found one about 9 months ago, at a Rockler store. Call all of them and you may just find one left over. Also, if you haven't already done so, call Worksharp. Good luck.

Don’t waste your time contacting Worksharp.

I ordered from them few months back. They never sent the item or any updates.

PayPal automatically refunded after a month. Charge was authorization only to start with.

My gut says it's bogus business.

Worksharp is not the most responsive company, however to my knowledge, they are up and running. I placed an order with them less than a year ago. I didn't receive the item after 2 months, so I finally called them and that's when they got on it. I'd call them and keep on them about your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Worksharp is not the most responsive company, however to my knowledge, they are up and running. I placed an order with them less than a year ago. I didn't receive the item after 2 months, so I finally called them and that's when they got on it. I'd call them and keep on them about your order.
    Wow Derek. You're more tolerant than I am. There's no way I'd have kept that order open 2 mos.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I emailed them (Worksharp) twice about 6 months ago and received prompt helpful replies both times.... Randy