Thread: AWFS: Who's going?

AWFS: Who's going?

I believe my last one was 2015. Really looking forward to seeing a hall full of machinery again.
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I'll be there all three days; you will probably be able to find me at the MiniMax display trying to talk Sam into a good deal on an SC4E. As I recall 2015 was one of the smaller shows. 2017 was pretty good and this one is supposed to be even better. If you want to get together for a cup of coffee or something we can connect via PM.

From what I have heard, the shows have been getting better each year. This jives with the growth in the economy. IWF next year will be GANGBUSTERS.

Erik

I'm going this year (with a shopping list). I've been more of an IWF guy over the last 5-6 years, having last been to AWFS in 2013 and 2007. I'm looking forward to seeing the differences in the shows.

I'll be there. I plan on checking out the CNC vendors for a possible school purchase and will also be pestering Sam in the SCM/Minimax booth. I'm also signed up for two of the CNC for furniture seminars on Wed and Thursday mornings.

I had a funny interaction yesterday. Was pricing out a phase converter for a customer and called Kay Industries. Ended up talking to Larry Katz, the president. The last time I spoke to Larry was probably AWFS 2005 or 2007, when we (Minimax USA at the time) were buying converters for some of our edgebanders. Larry's a great guy and it brought back a ton of memories. We both had a good laugh. Hope I can scoot out of the Felder booth long enough to find him and say hello.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    I'll be there. I plan on checking out the CNC vendors for a possible school purchase and will also be pestering Sam in the SCM/Minimax booth. I'm also signed up for two of the CNC for furniture seminars on Wed and Thursday mornings.
    I was glancing at the vendor list and there didn't seem to be as many CNC companies as IWF. Maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    I was glancing at the vendor list and there didn't seem to be as many CNC companies as IWF. Maybe I'm wrong.
    IWF is always the larger of the two shows, but I noticed it, too. MultiCam will not be there, for instance.

All the big CNC players are there from what I can see. Always considered Multicam a regional presence whose strong areas were the South and the Midwest. Trust me: There will be a ton of CNC equipment there. We're going to have a full-sized flatbed and a compact through-feed in our booth. The surprise to me is the number of Chinese mfrs. The last show I did, there were maybe a handful and now, quite a few. Curious to see what they are doing. I'll try to post some pics from the pre-show setup.

Erik

Some pics from the show. Only really had time to be in our booth once the show opened. All the big players were there and the show was, I think, good for everyone.

Erik2019 AWFS Felder booth-1.jpg2019 AWFS AD941-tables up.jpg2019 AWFS K940S.jpg2019 AWFS Kappa 590E.jpg2019 AWFS Profil 45Z.jpg
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Eric, I didn't realize you repped Felder now, I was in their booth looking at the Format4 planer. We ended up buying the L'in S7 from Sam at your last company.

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    Eric, I didn't realize you repped Felder now, I was in their booth looking at the Format4 planer. We ended up buying the L'in S7 from Sam at your last company.
    Yeah, back with them since March. I handle a very specific territory but come to the shows to support everyone from our side. It would have been nice to meet you. Maybe next year in Atlanta?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep