Thread: Ezcad 2.14.10 dongle availability or workaround.

Ezcad 2.14.10 dongle availability or workaround.

I’m running a few jobs lately that are taking a considerable amount of time. It would be great to be able to go to another computer and keep generating EZCAD files for future jobs. Is there just a stand alone license or dongle that can be purchased so I can use another computer to keep designing? Or is there a work around?
    -----------------------------------------------
    CO2: Thunder Laser Nova 35 (80-Watt)
    Fiber: Ebay Special (30-Watt)
    CNC: Viper 24
    3D: MakerGear M3-ID, Wanhoo i3
    Main Software: Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, V-Carve Pro, RD-Works, Simplify 3D, Lightburn, EZCAD 2.14.11

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Martin View Post
    I’m running a few jobs lately that are taking a considerable amount of time. It would be great to be able to go to another computer and keep generating EZCAD files for future jobs. Is there just a stand alone license or dongle that can be purchased so I can use another computer to keep designing? Or is there a work around?
    yes you can purchase them from BJCZJ or whatever it’s called : ). Look up ezcad it will have a link to the company.
    355 - 10400 : )

There is a workaround if you're handy with soldering wires to connectors

This is a pic of the pin callouts on what should be your controller card- scroll down--- (please )

Notice the "REMARK" function noted on the callout, what this does is repeat the last engraving. Exactly like just pressing F2 or the footswitch again does.

EXCEPT- when you simply re-start a job via the computer, the program is disabled because of the "MARKING" dialog box and timer in EzCad is displayed, because the job is being streamed from the computer...

BUT, when using the REMARK function, it doesn't stream from the computer, it simply runs the job cached in the controller's memory, leaving EzCad free for doing more job setups!

There are some catches of course, the main one is, you need to wire up your own separate switch. The switch much connect/close the circuit from the #8 pin to any ground pin to activate remark. I used pin #13 for the ground simply because it's the closest, but #11 or #12 will work. You need to solder wires to the male connector in these positions, and connect them to any momentary-ON switch, like the foot switch. If you've soldered any wires before, should be easy for you

Another catch is, the remark function is great if you're in the middle of a multiple-part job, like 200 of something you're engraving with same thing. But the remark function only comes into play after engraving something, so if you have only ONE thing you're engraving, the computer won't be freed up until IT'S done, which isn't much help. But it's wonderful if you have at least 2 identical parts!

Another catch, even if the computer is off, remember that the last job can be accidentally run, there's no failsafe
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle