Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get a program to accurately print circles of various diameters?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I am making a birdhouse in the shape of a lighthouse which is circular. I don't have a lathe so I'm making 1" thick circles , reducing each one by 1/8" in diameter. I have to make about 15 of them. I can draw the circles with a compass but I'd like to draw the circles on a computer to increase the accuracy of the circles. I found a program to do this but when I print out the circle it's never the right size. Can anyone tell me how to draw and print out ,accurately,circles of varying diameters?
    Thanks
    It appears you may be over thinking this.

My suspect popped up in one line:

I found a program to do this but when I print out the circle it's never the right size.
    Not knowing what program it can not be said for sure, but my guess is it might be the software.

Using a compass to draw ~15 circles increasing in size by 1/8" diameter (1/16" radius) would be quicker than reading this thread.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    It appears you may be over thinking this.

My suspect popped up in one line:

Not knowing what program it can not be said for sure, but my guess is it might be the software.

Using a compass to draw ~15 circles increasing in size by 1/8" diameter (1/16" radius) would be quicker than reading this thread.

jtk
    Jim
    You are absolutely right. I bought a good compass for $4 and made everything I needed, I certainly did over think it.😊
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    Jim
    You are absolutely right. I bought a good compass for $4 and made everything I needed, I certainly did over think it.😊
    Ok, great, but the question in the thread was "how to get a program to accurately print circles of different dimensions?"

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by dennis thompson
    Jim
    You are absolutely right. I bought a good compass for $4 and made everything I needed, I certainly did over think it.��
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Ok, great, but the question in the thread was "how to get a program to accurately print circles of different dimensions?"
    Yes, though sometimes it is simpler, and wiser, to stop trying to walk through a brick wall and instead choose a way to go around.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)