Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something eating my wood-plank ceiling

Blog Entries
    Hi

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

[QUOTE=Bill Dufour;2935714]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    If it's a metal roof with exposed fasteners, it will be hard to find the offending screw with a drone. I get called to do this more than I really want to, but I'm usually the last resort. If one of the little cups that goes over the neo washer is inverted, a screw put in on an angle, or one in a crack that didn't get a good bite, that's usually it, but they have to be examined closely by hand and eye. I replace that screw with a larger sized stainless steel one if it's not in a crack.

When you look with a drone to you land at each suspicious screwhead to get a stable closeup in focus look. Or do you try to hover in place?
    Bill D

More words to make minimum it says I only have 10 characters?
    Bill, I’ve done roof inspections with my drone. Landing on a sloped roof is not an option but the camera is stabilized to get good video or still pics. Areas that might need attention will require an in-person inspection.

When I had bees start to build a nest on my enclosed porch I used a Flea bomb and that killed them maybe you could try that