Thread: Accidentally deleted all texts

Accidentally deleted all texts

Hello, Last night I was deleting texts and pushed the wrong button and DELETD all texts. Is there a way to retrieve them. Not a huge problem but some photos & numbers I would like.
    Thanks in advance, Kevin
    i am not very tech savvy.

Kevin,

You need iTunes and or u can use the cloud if your backed up to it. Or you can call you provider and they can get them for you.

I’d consider them gone myself..

Quote Originally Posted by kevin nee View Post
    Hello, Last night I was deleting texts and pushed the wrong button and DELETD all texts. Is there a way to retrieve them. Not a huge problem but some photos & numbers I would like.
    Thanks in advance, Kevin
    i am not very tech savvy.
    So were you working on a PC, MAc or your smartphone? On a PC they might be in the waste basket on the desktop, but for the others I have no idea. There are programs available that can be used to recover deleted files.

If you're on a PC you might be able to use System Restore and restore your computer back to a time before you deleted them....

If these are cellular phone text messages - and you deleted them on the cellular system, no matter what computer or smartphone you used - you'll have to contact your cellular provider to get them back.

If you had a copy of all your cellular phone texts on your computer (unlikely), and you deleted those copies, you can recover the files.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I use Outlook mail on my PC. If I delete emails, they go into a deleted items folder and are easily recoverable. But 90% of my emails are junk so I hold the shift key when deleting and am then asked "are you sure you want to permanently delete the selected items?". I sort and store saved emails in sub and sub-sub folders under the deleted items folder. Seems goofy but I have been doing it for nearly 20 years, first for business, but now for personal items as I am retired. Some of my partners didn't permanently delete junk mail and had over a gig of mostly useless files on the server. Currently using Outlook 2003. Much easier than deleting them one by one on my phone.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 06-22-2019 at 8:02 AM.
    NOW you tell me...