Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have complained about Popular Woodworking Magazine

I don't subscribe to anything anymore. I did for a lot of years and have a full set of WoodSmith and Shopnotes up until SN was rolled into WS. Kept all my Pop Woodworking, quite a few FWW and some others that had articles I was interested in. And yes, most of them rehash the same stuff over and over.

Every now and then I will dig out a stack and re-read them. Amazing how I forgot what was in most of them, just like reading a new issue, LOL.

I do the same thing. I know what you mean.

Blog Entries
    My brother sent me a stash of old B&W era FWW magazines. Some are still unread. Good stuff in them that is a joy to peruse.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

My PW ran out several months ago and I chose not to renew. Reading the comments here it sounds like you few who hold out hopes for the mag are whistling past the graveyard. Your praise is a bit like 'near beer' and hasn't given me a strong inducement to re-up.

Sad. But new times are upon us.
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Not all is lost. If Stanley Black & Decker can resurrect Craftsman, then AIM can resurrect Pop Wood.

I like the design of the table, I just don't like the concrete. Maybe if it was made completely of cypress . . . .

Thanks Lowell very kind.