Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have complained about Popular Woodworking Magazine

I don't subscribe to anything anymore. I did for a lot of years and have a full set of WoodSmith and Shopnotes up until SN was rolled into WS. Kept all my Pop Woodworking, quite a few FWW and some others that had articles I was interested in. And yes, most of them rehash the same stuff over and over.

Every now and then I will dig out a stack and re-read them. Amazing how I forgot what was in most of them, just like reading a new issue, LOL.

Blog Entries
    I do the same thing. I know what you mean.

Blog Entries
    My brother sent me a stash of old B&W era FWW magazines. Some are still unread. Good stuff in them that is a joy to peruse.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

4. My PW ran out several months ago and I chose not to renew. Reading the comments here it sounds like you few who hold out hopes for the mag are whistling past the graveyard. Your praise is a bit like 'near beer' and hasn't given me a strong inducement to re-up.

Sad. But new times are upon us.
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Not all is lost. If Stanley Black & Decker can resurrect Craftsman, then AIM can resurrect Pop Wood.

Blog Entries
    I like the design of the table, I just don't like the concrete. Maybe if it was made completely of cypress . . . .

Thanks Lowell – very kind.

Hi there,

Are there any of you who are not receiving issues of Popular Woodworking?

I have not received the previous 3 issues of this mag, that's 6 months, received diddly squat, the old subscription site has gone, I registered with the new site but have forgotten my password, I request a password reset but do not receive anything in my inbox or junk folder, I attempt to find my account on the look up part of the new site (AimMedia) but yet again, no luck, it wants a zipcode, we have postcodes over here in the UK, when will the IT people find the real world, so many issues with digital systems, I despair, I suppose I am old school at 61 years of age, maybe I expect too much in this fast paced, instant gratification world.

Steve Hoare
    Over here in Essex UK.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hoare View Post
    Hi there,

Are there any of you who are not receiving issues of Popular Woodworking?

[edited]

it wants a zipcode, we have postcodes over here in the UK, when will the IT people find the real world, so many issues with digital systems, I despair, I suppose I am old school at 61 years of age, maybe I expect too much in this fast paced, instant gratification world.

Steve Hoare
    Over here in Essex UK.
    Hi Steve, did you try entering your postcode? It may take it or it may reject it.

With ownership changes what may once have been falling through the cracks can become falling into an abyss.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Hi Jim

Yes, tried my postcode, came back with an error asking for a zipcode, I tend to try all options but it appears the system cannot accept postcodes.

Steve

11. Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Totally agree, Bob. This edition could have been published by Wood magazine. I very much doubt, at this stage, that I shall renew my subscription.

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Same here. Very little that interests me in the last year. Will not renew. I did buy several old issues (2012) on ebay just to get 1 article by Glen Huey.

BTW, anyone heard anything about Glen lately?

I'm a fan of Glenn's also..a talented craftsman...good man....Be curious as to the responses
    Jerry