Thread: Looking for three head sander

Looking for three head sander

Has anyone ever seen or used a sander like this? I read that it was a Craftsman sander that Bob Vila was selling on tv years ago. That’s about the only thing I've found on this thing. I looked online to find more info but nothing turned up. I would like to get one of these to try out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reminds me of a Norelco shaver. Also there are some floor sanders made that way with 5" or bigger disks.
    Bill D.

Just curious, what’s the advantage of a sander like that - if you could find one? Abrasives for it might be hard to find as well.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It does look like an electric razor, and like that I’m assuming that each of the heads float or pivot independent of each other. I’ve still never seen one or been able to find one. Thought maybe some folks on here might be able to help out.

Is this what you are looking for? I just saw this and vaguely remembered reading this post.

Screenshot_2019-06-20 Micro-Make™ 3D Contour Sander.jpg
    https://www.micromark.com/Micro-Make...Contour-Sander
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Looks pretty close!

I have one just like this one. It was a Christmas gift, many, MANY years ago. I used it years ago, but not since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Coss View Post
    Has anyone ever seen or used a sander like this? I read that it was a Craftsman sander that Bob Vila was selling on tv years ago. That’s about the only thing I've found on this thing. I looked online to find more info but nothing turned up. I would like to get one of these to try out.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

i bought one from Sears a million years ago and still have it. I think I tried it on a handrail but haven't used it since. I don't think it is orbital. Now I would use a ROS with a pad, I have 3" 5" and 6". Dave