I've been putting up with this for like years now, maybe someone can help--

I use x3 and x4 all day every day. X4 is perfectly fine for everything I do, except for ONE thing: When importing DXFs, text WILL NOT COME IN center justified, it's always LEFT justified, and always parked slightly right of the actual text centerline. Example:
left-a.jpg
-- all text not in text frames should be centered on the (lower) plates, or centered on the marked centerlines. And speaking of text frames, why does some text come framed, and some doesn't? I've seen screenshots of the original DXF before it's exported, there's no reason I can see why some is framed and some isn't? And half the time, the frame is smaller than the text and expanding the frame can move the text from it's original position, depending... If I could figure out how to lose the frames from the get-go I'd save 2 hours a day I swear!

Anyway- because of the left justified text BS, I use Corel x3, because text comes in exactly as it should, however it's drawn on the original, it comes into x3 the same way.

Except x3 has it's own stupid problem I can't figure out...

Whenever importing DXF's (and DWG's fwiw) in x4, I ALWAYS get this 'text substitution' message:
text sub.jpg
--this is the exact message I got with the file in the first pic.

but in x3, I get no such message. And I also get no text! Actually I DO, but it's invisible, and can't be grouped. So what I have to do is select everyting, then un-group all, then hit 'edit//select all text', which it does, then I have to move it away from everything else... then I can change the font to what I want, then it's good to go...

Here's the same file as above imported into x3:
notext.jpg
I selected all, because while selected the text baseline nodes(?) become visible, just not the text! But as you can see by the nodes, the text is centered as it should be.

This is the result after I ungroup-all, select all text, slide it right 30", change the font, (this is a font called Lato Hairline, which works great for tool engraving) then slide it back:
yestext.jpg
Other than the text frames, it's perfect. But you can see the problem with the frames, in the first 3x3 plate bottom left, notice the framed text is "RUN" and "CALIBRATE", which is the same for all 3 plates-- why is CALIBRATE within such a small frame? I don't care so much that it's framed, but I'm getting 20 or so similar blueprints weekly from just this customer, and this is a simple set of plates compared to most blueprints. And the frame issue occurs with every version of Corel I've tried (9,10, 13, 14 and 16).

Just reworking text centering or making visible in addition to manually expanding dozens of text frames on every blueprint is driving me crazy! In the text menu there's a 'paragraph text frames' sub menu, the only options being 'show text frames' and 'fit text to frame', neither or both of which changes anything...

I just want to import, select all text, change the font, start engraving... is that too much to ask from Corel? If not Corel, what program will do this? Gravostyle actually WILL import text with no frames, and centered up, and I can even import it in the correct font! BUT, the correct font has character spacing issues (too close for tool engraving) and in Gravostyle, you cannot batch-edit text. It's all word by word. And that BS takes longer to do than all the issues in Corel put together...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated