Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menards...Can Someone Please Buy & Ship This Hose Reel To Me, Please...

Menards...Can Someone Please Buy & Ship This Hose Reel To Me, Please...

Just saw this Flexzilla L8250FZ hose reel on Menards website. I tried to purchase it for the $53+, but it says it can't ship to me in CA. I was hoping someone who has a Menards close by might purchase this for me and ship it to me? I know...it's a big ask, but the only prices I have are double what Menards is charging. Thanks! Oh..sale is on till the 22nd.
    https://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...695099&&ipos=1
    Last edited by Derek Arita; 06-18-2019 at 11:26 AM.

I am in CA too, so I tried to see if would let me order, I got:

"Due to recent changes in Proposition 65 this product is restricted from being sold to the state
    where your shipping address and/or billing address is located. Please remove this item from your cart."

That's really odd. I have never seen this before.

Bob

Ya...don't know what this about, but it's clear they won't send it to me. Sure hope someone in a Menards area can help me out.

Derek, I just looked, but I'm too far away from you. I can purchase it and have it shipped to me but that adds $11.82 to the cost. Then, I'd have to ship it to you, so that probably be another $12.00 or so. I don't have a store close enough to pick-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    Derek, I just looked, but I'm too far away from you. I can purchase it and have it shipped to me but that adds $11.82 to the cost. Then, I'd have to ship it to you, so that probably be another $12.00 or so. I don't have a store close enough to pick-up.
    Lisa, thanks anyhow. Ya, the double shipping would defeat the purpose. Hopefully, some here will help me out, if they have a Menards close by. What we'll do for a deal...

Well, just found out that Flexzilla is not the only hybrid hose maker anymore. Even HF has a copy. So, I guess there's no sense in putting anyone to any trouble, when I can buy a knock-off for around the same price as the Flexzilla. Thanks anyways...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Well, just found out that Flexzilla is not the only hybrid hose maker anymore. Even HF has a copy. So, I guess there's no sense in putting anyone to any trouble, when I can buy a knock-off for around the same price as the Flexzilla. Thanks anyways...
    Do you really think the HF knockoff will be of the same quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Frank...no, however I see that there are other alternatives to the Flexzilla, so I won't have to trouble anyone for the favor. Just saw the Husky one that looks exactly the same. By the time you factor in shipping on the Flexzilla, it's real close, cuz I can just p/u the Husky.
    Last edited by Derek Arita; 06-18-2019 at 2:11 PM.

I have a couple Menards around me but I won’t get back home until the 21st. If I can manage to get the free time to get to the store i’ll Post back or send a PM.

Honestly though there are a lot of alternatives out there. I’d be fine with an HF one personally.

Matt, thanks a lot. I'm looking at the Kobalt reel. It's a little more $, but is all metal and seems pretty beefy. I may end up going that way, since I can just pick it up in store. If that changes, I'll PM you for sure. Thank you for volunteering.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Frank...no, however I see that there are other alternatives to the Flexzilla, so I won't have to trouble anyone for the favor. Just saw the Husky one that looks exactly the same. By the time you factor in shipping on the Flexzilla, it's real close, cuz I can just p/u the Husky.
    That Flexzilla reel is very good. I've had one for a couple of years now. The Menards price is sure good. Up north the cheapest they are is an eye watering $188. Of coarse, that's in monopoly money.

I may be wrong, but from what I've read, not to sell in CA and other states, because of Prop 65, is the choice of Menards and not a rule or law. Am I wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I do not think HF is the same as the name brand; let me state that first. I have two 12 gauge extension cord auto-reels hanging from the ceiling that I got for $35 each at HF. I hoped they would last a couple of years. That was 15 years ago. There are some diamonds in the rough but, there is a lot of rough ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Must be popular. Nowhere local to me to pick one up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have that reel and it's terrible. Nothing at all like the Flexilla hoses I've enjoyed using for a couple decades. I would have sent it back if it wasn't such a hassle at the time. and I rarely use it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...