Thread: Replacing interior DC hose on KF700

Replacing interior DC hose on KF700

Noticed a fair amount of sawdust was spraying onto my KF700's table while making a few crosscuts over the weekend, and decided to have a look. Well, i quickly realized the hose wasnt clogged, but it was disintegrating! From what i could see, i have several 1" wide holes in the hose. This machine is 14 years old, and ive heard from others the flexible hose is crap. My question is for those that have replaced their hose before; What is the best angle of attach? I really, really want to avoid disassembling the overarm guard support and extension table. Is it possible to feed the hose through the machine chassis from the shaper access panel?

A picture or a least a description of the machine type would help. Also how big is this hose? If it is 5" or bigger you will have major disassembly since it will be hard to bend.
    Bil lD

I could swear there is a previous thread about this very thing here somewhere...and remember that the OP of that thread found it to be a little bit of a pain, but they got the job done. They may have also up-sized the internal duct, too, but I don't recall clearly. Search is eluding me with a reference right now for some reason...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yes, i read that thread during one of my searches. I think that guy's main issue was inadvertently whacking himself in the leg. Something to look forward to when i eventually get to the point where im fitting the hose over the rectangular adapter. My main question at this point in time is how to go about removing and rerouting the new hose in the cabinet. I will monkey around with it tonight and see what i can physically reach, but i wanted to save myself the experimentation if others have already tried and failed. Looking at his photos, the hammer design is different from the Felder design. I have two separate internal cabinets. The main one houses the saw arbor, motor, shaper motor and arbor, and then there is an independent cabinet that attaches to that one that supports the extension table and fence. The dc flexhose goes through both cabinets and connects to a port on the other side of the extension table cabinet.

Success or failure, i will snap some photos as i work on it and post them for the next guy.