Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tool that far exceeded your expectations

My Jonsered 2260 chainsaw. It has the power of a 70cc saw and handles like a 50cc saw.

The Nicholson 4 in 1 hand file I got as a Christmas gift in 1973 is still on active duty. I love that thing.

Of tools I have purchased I really like my Aluminum speed square. I am still learning about some of the things it can do, but I really like that it can take a pretty firm whack and still be square.

Oneida Dust Deputy. Added to my HEPA filtered vacuum. Have not had to clean my filter in years. When the 5 gal bucket fills up, pop off the cyclone, empty the bucket and back on line. It works on my dust maker, I mean drum sander. Had to test it on actual dust. It works as advertised, may be better than 99% collection of what it's rated at.

Its a pretty humble tool that I picked up at a surplus store for $5. A Pferd file. I seem to use it on just about every project, and it cuts so much cleaner and faster than any new nameless file I've used before.

It’s difficult to pick just one “MVP”, but I’m going with my Wood is Good 18 oz mallet.

I use that thing for EVERYTHING! It’s been cleaned and slathered with Boiled Linseed oil countless times and it still looks and works great. I think it was about $20 on Amazon.

Blog Entries
    My Kurt vise.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.