Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trotec Speedy 400 Engraving not Lined Up Correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    The main cause was a loose mirror. Trotec support was great working with me through the process. Can’t say enough nice things about their support. Also a huge thanks to everyone on here that offered up suggestions.

After tightening up the mirror and belts I don’t really notice a difference between high quality and standard other than the time that high quality adds.
    Be very glad it was not an encoder or motor. Went though ordering an x and a y for my speedy 400 recently and they were just under $1000 each.

The difference between 'high quality' and 'standard' engraving is that in quality mode the machine slows earlier and reaches slower speeds for the turnaround than in standard mode. This also affects short runs, in standard the machine will sweep short runs much faster than in HQ mode. In most cases the it's hard to see the difference in the finished product, which is usually at the extreme left & right edges of the engraving; the faster standard speeds can leave the edges just a tiny bit more raggely than HQ speeds...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle