Thread: Ford Transit Connect LWB interior dimensions?

Ford Transit Connect LWB interior dimensions?

All the sites give cubic feet of space which does not mean a thing to me. What I want to know is what size box will fit into a Connect Long Wheel Base. If you own one I would love to know this and what you think of it from a practical standpoint. Looking for overall economy in a van, diesels are not an option.

Thanks, Larry

From the Ford website...this is for the commercial version for the first two columns, but passenger for the third, but I'm speculating:

TransitConnectInteriorSpecs.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim. Can't get a full sheet inside, that is what I was after. Could not find that dimension. Closest dealer is 40 miles, saved me a drive, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    ... Can't get a full sheet inside, that is what I was after. ....
    You don't really say what you're goal is, but just in case I will add the Mercedes Metris Cargo(!*) Van holds 4' x 8' x 4' loads. (Actually a bit more in each direction, if the other dimensions are reduced.) While it is squarish and "stout", the plan view is the same as a Honda Odyssey mini-van so it will fit into normal parking spaces. (Since the sides don't taper as much it will appear much tighter and (probably) be mentally more challenging to drive. My wife won't drive ours, despite years of driving mini-vans & SUVs when the kids were little.)

* The Passenger van has identical exterior dimensions, but thicker interior trim and doesn't quite make 4' wide, even when you pull the seats. Downside of course is the Cargo van will only (legally) carry one passenger.

4x8 Sheets Fit These Vehicles, though old now, might be helpful.

Yes, the width will work for the cargo version, but the length is short if you are talking 96"/97" long sheet goods. You'd need to go to the next size up (full size) van I would think if that's important to you.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Larry,
    Just curious, why no diesels? I have an '04 sprinter that can carry full sheets plus tools, lumber up to almost 14' long, and gets 25mpg. Only downside is that not many mechanics work on them around here. This van is the medium wheel base, it fits in a normal parking spot. Jeff

Jeff, you have an old sprinter from when they were still dependable. The new ones have a terrible reliability record since the switch to the newer emissions, and the older ones do not like the salt. Also I am a long way from a dealer and as you say, most people do not want to work on them. The Ford Transit diesel has its own woes, and if you look at the numbers hard a gas version is cheaper overall. Still, the mileage is too little for what I want to do, trying to keep costs down. Its getting too expensive to have a vehicle for every need, but my truck is getting some miles on it and am just looking at options that fit in with a lighter work schedule. Just looking at options right now. I had a cube van around for a long time, but it sat a lot and was getting crusty. May go that way again. Thought about a Ford van as an everything vehicle but the running to the store empty mileage was not good enough.

Hi Larry, one of ours is a Transit 250 with the little ecoboost engine. That engine is a beast, and good mileage. In my area diesel is more expensive than gas for some stupid reason, so when that little tiny motor makes more power than the diesel engines available, and gets better mileage, I'm ok with it. FYI, I know it'll beat my stock duramax in a drag race when the van is empty and the pickup has it's usual amount of tools and ladder rack on. We bought it used, it has a lot of miles with no problems so far. Looked at a Connect when we bought it, they were to small to be useful in my opinion.