Thread: Chinese Laser Rotary fixture

Chinese Laser Rotary fixture

I'm using RdWorks 8, with the plug in (Macros) for Corel Draw. I have 99% settings figured out but one setting is driving me crazy, if it can even be a setting? After engraving a cup and it goes back to "home" is there a setting somewhere to slow the "To Home" setting down instead of it going to home at 1000 miles per hour? Thank you for any help!

I have RDworks just to check out, but with no machine connected I can't access any machining parameters, so best I can tell you is, you need to search the parameters for speeds such as 'min acc', 'cut acc'-- what you're looking for is a speed setting referring to 'space', which is what my Lasersoft calls it, not sure what RDworks will call it, but it's the speed the machine runs when traveling in 'dead air space' when the laser isn't firing, like from home to start-engraving, and when moving from one engraving to the next-- my machine is defaulted at 300mm/sec, for your rotary if you can take that down to 25mm/sec, or even less, that should almost eliminate the start/stop shock-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    just below where you put in your settings for the rotary you see a button called TEST, default is 50mm, change to 5 or less. It will slow it down. you have to do each time you turn on rotary..... can't change permanently.
    Kev's advice will do same too.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I thought for sure that would of worked, I lowered to 1 and it's still goes back to "home" fast. Makes it hard if I have to do another pass on anything as it shoots back so fast it juggles everything going back. Thank you John, thought for sure that would do it!!

I will hunt around the parameters and see what I can find that could be closely related to space etc. Thank you for your help!