Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest batch of peacocks hatching

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I also have llamas, alpacas, mini donkeys, horses, chickens, turkey, guineas, and honeybees.
    JKJ
    ..You aren't by chance building an arc in the backyard are you??..
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    ..You aren't by chance building an arc in the backyard are you??..
    No, but if I found a few extra $1000 bills in my wallet I might consider getting a camel. And some more for another one to keep it company. Oh, and another $10K to build a camel barn. And then there would be the camel-rated fencing upgrades...

I'm guessing horse fence is not camel rated

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    I'm guessing horse fence is not camel rated
    My horse fencing probably wouldn't even hold a cow! I use electrified tape and rope, the top strand a little almost 5' above the ground (to keep my jumper in). Since one horse is blind, I use white tape in case he is able to distinguish light and dark.

horse_fence_IMG_20170930_173824_409.jpg horse_fence_IMG_20170930_143354_511.jpg horse_jump_IMG_5558.jpg

From my brief reading, it appears that fences for camels are often 6' or taller, electrified, and sometimes strung with empty aluminum cans along the top to keep keep the camel's attention.

JKJ