Thread: ShopSabre Pro 408 New Being Built, I can't take delivery.

ShopSabre Pro 408 New Being Built, I can't take delivery.

Hello, I stupidly ordered a new ShopSabre Pro 408 before securing a warehouse space. In Miami Florida, apparently not many landlords want you doing fiberglass work in their warehouses and it's made worse by zoning regulations due to well field areas.

So I have a pro408 on order, due to be ready around September 1 and I don't think I will be able to move out of Miami for at least a year. Rather than have the machine sitting in storage I'm going to see if I can sell it. I figure I am going take about a $5K hit on storage so that is the discount I am offering.

I bought it for $44,185.00 which includes $1,700 for shipping and $350 for crating. Your shipping may vary, I am in Miami Florida, but probably won't be much difference so $44,185.00 - $5,000 comes to $39,185.

I have already put down a $22,092.50 deposit. I don't know how shopsabre would want to handle it but we can coordinate with them if you are interested.

I am going to try to attach the sales quote but in case it doesn't work... this single phase machine is coming with all standard options plus this

-T slots every 8" in standard table top
    -Pop up table reference pins
    -single phase F4 vacuum system with 4 zones manifold
    -3.8 KW 5 Hp HSD Auto tool changer package 5 Position 24,000 rpm
    -Tool Changer package ... 5 ER 32 Collets, Cones, Tool Forks. Tool Rack mounted to machine and collet wrenches. Auto Spindle on/off Auto Spindle RPM Air Balancer Z axis
    -Material Height Tough Pad

This is a brand new machine being built, ready around 1st of September. PM me if interested. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 07-26-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Just a thought, will the maker accommodate you with a later delivery date?

If their business is doing well, they might be able to jump orders ahead of yours.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Did you look for space in Hialeah? No far distance wise thought traffic is horrendous in rush hour. Lots of small industry there and probably more open to what you would like to do.

Yes, I contacted them and they have put it off about a month and a half. Still looking but the more I learn the more I doubt I will find a spot in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Weiner View Post
    Did you look for space in Hialeah? No far distance wise thought traffic is horrendous in rush hour. Lots of small industry there and probably more open to what you would like to do.

yes thanks, I tried, Hialeah is in a well field zone. I can be just west of the palmetto in Medley but for whatever reason the landlords are hesitant to accept my use of the space since I am fiberglassing.

Im even looking into buying some land somewhere and put up a shop of my own but I doubt it's going to be in Miami and Im not ready to move yet.

You may want to list it on the ShopSabre Facebook page. I would think there would be owners wanting to upgrade looking there.

Quote Originally Posted by James Biddle View Post
    You may want to list it on the ShopSabre Facebook page. I would think there would be owners wanting to upgrade looking there.
    Thanks, I will check and see if that is an option.

I guess I have to sweeten the deal, I will take a $10K loss on this deal. )) This has to be a great deal for somebody!