Thread: Making an MFT assembly top

Making an MFT assembly top

Hey guys I'm getting ready to redo the top on my assembly table and I would like to make 1/2 of it an MFT type top.

I'm a little averse to the price of the PARF system when its a single use jig that will sit on the shelf most of its life.

I'm thinking about making a jig, possibly centered around using a piece of pegboard as a pattern to layout the holes.

Wondering if anyone has done a DIY.

Some options I know of. Just buy a replacement MFT top from festool ($150). Parf guide system ($200+). I just saw a thing called a Dominofix template for $130. It kinda depends on what you want to do with the table. If you only need holes for clamps when glueing and assembly then your peg board solution would be fine. If though you need the precise hole placement to get a 90 degree cut then you'd need one of the other solutions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Hey guys I'm getting ready to redo the top on my assembly table and I would like to make 1/2 of it an MFT type top.

I'm a little averse to the price of the PARF system when its a single use jig that will sit on the shelf most of its life.

I'm thinking about making a jig, possibly centered around using a piece of pegboard as a pattern to layout the holes.

Wondering if anyone has done a DIY.
    Why not buy the PARF and sell it when done?