Thread: Camera system monitor connection

Camera system monitor connection

I didn't want to hijack another post.

I would like to increase my screen size from the small 5X7 that was supplied with the camera. I have the Hope hollowing system with the camera. The camera is an analog type with an RCA plug. I went to Best Buy but didn't get much help saying it would be expensive to convert analog to digital. What are possible solutions?
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    I didn't want to hijack another post.

I would like to increase my screen size from the small 5X7 that was supplied with the camera. I have the Hope hollowing system with the camera. The camera is an analog type with an RCA plug. I went to Best Buy but didn't get much help saying it would be expensive to convert analog to digital. What are possible solutions?
    I have several monitors with analog inputs. Some TVs have them for game and camcorder inputs. I see some on Amazon that claim a wide variety of input capability. Maybe check there or talk to a different person at the store, someone over the age of 22. (You can use RCA-to-BNC connector adapters for analog video input)

https://www.amazon.com/Haorizi-inch-.../dp/B0796QL4DY
    https://www.amazon.com/Haorizi-inch-.../dp/B07864KVFQ

Also you could search for security monitors with analog input.

Or: I haven't tried one, but inexpensive converters advertise conversion from RCA analog to digital, in this case HDMI:
    https://www.amazon.com/CIMPLE-CO-Con.../dp/B0771TSGVC

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 06-11-2019 at 2:47 PM.

William I hink in the other thread I mentioned that I got a cheap monitor/tv with analog inputs from our Thrift Store. Here in BC they can be found quite easily on Craigslist or Varage. The only problem I had was that my camera doesn't now show in actual size but in about 1.5. However it didn't take long for me to get accustomed to that. I do like a screen that will hold a magnet as I said because I like to be able to move the mylar around depending on which bit or tool I'm using.
    Last edited by Peter Blair; 06-13-2019 at 8:57 AM.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Does the monitor you are looking for have USB inputs? I have a cable that inputs from RCA and outputs to USB. I use it for another purpose, but it works fine. If you search on RCA to USB cable, you will find lots of choice.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Does the monitor you are looking for have USB inputs? I have a cable that inputs from RCA and outputs to USB. I use it for another purpose, but it works fine. If you search on RCA to USB cable, you will find lots of choice.
    Grant, I do have an older Mac computer with USB inputs. However my camera only has an RCA output. Since this is not in my expertise, I believe I would need a converter from analog to digital to make that work. Or find a monitor with analog input as the ones John suggested. I just guessing to make the old computer to work it would be more than just an adapter.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    Grant, I do have an older Mac computer with USB inputs. However my camera only has an RCA output. Since this is not in my expertise, I believe I would need a converter from analog to digital to make that work. Or find a monitor with analog input as the ones John suggested. I just guessing to make the old computer to work it would be more than just an adapter.
    You might also find an old TV with analog inputs at a charity thrift store for almost nothing. A quick Craigslist search showed some in this area for $10.