Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Camera system monitor connection

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Haubstadt (Evansville), Indiana
    Posts
    1,129

    Camera system monitor connection

    I didn't want to hijack another post.

    I would like to increase my screen size from the small 5X7 that was supplied with the camera. I have the Hope hollowing system with the camera. The camera is an analog type with an RCA plug. I went to Best Buy but didn't get much help saying it would be expensive to convert analog to digital. What are possible solutions?
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    E TN, near Knoxville
    Posts
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    I didn't want to hijack another post.

    I would like to increase my screen size from the small 5X7 that was supplied with the camera. I have the Hope hollowing system with the camera. The camera is an analog type with an RCA plug. I went to Best Buy but didn't get much help saying it would be expensive to convert analog to digital. What are possible solutions?
    I have several monitors with analog inputs. Some TVs have them for game and camcorder inputs. I see some on Amazon that claim a wide variety of input capability. Maybe check there or talk to a different person at the store, someone over the age of 22. (You can use RCA-to-BNC connector adapters for analog video input)

    https://www.amazon.com/Haorizi-inch-.../dp/B0796QL4DY
    https://www.amazon.com/Haorizi-inch-.../dp/B07864KVFQ

    Also you could search for security monitors with analog input.

    Or: I haven't tried one, but inexpensive converters advertise conversion from RCA analog to digital, in this case HDMI:
    https://www.amazon.com/CIMPLE-CO-Con.../dp/B0771TSGVC

    JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 06-11-2019 at 2:47 PM.

  3. #3
    William I hink in the other thread I mentioned that I got a cheap monitor/tv with analog inputs from our Thrift Store. Here in BC they can be found quite easily on Craigslist or Varage. The only problem I had was that my camera doesn't now show in actual size but in about 1.5. However it didn't take long for me to get accustomed to that. I do like a screen that will hold a magnet as I said because I like to be able to move the mylar around depending on which bit or tool I'm using.
    Last edited by Peter Blair; 06-13-2019 at 8:57 AM.
    Pete


    * It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    Posts
    1,246
    Does the monitor you are looking for have USB inputs? I have a cable that inputs from RCA and outputs to USB. I use it for another purpose, but it works fine. If you search on RCA to USB cable, you will find lots of choice.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Haubstadt (Evansville), Indiana
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Does the monitor you are looking for have USB inputs? I have a cable that inputs from RCA and outputs to USB. I use it for another purpose, but it works fine. If you search on RCA to USB cable, you will find lots of choice.
    Grant, I do have an older Mac computer with USB inputs. However my camera only has an RCA output. Since this is not in my expertise, I believe I would need a converter from analog to digital to make that work. Or find a monitor with analog input as the ones John suggested. I just guessing to make the old computer to work it would be more than just an adapter.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    E TN, near Knoxville
    Posts
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    Grant, I do have an older Mac computer with USB inputs. However my camera only has an RCA output. Since this is not in my expertise, I believe I would need a converter from analog to digital to make that work. Or find a monitor with analog input as the ones John suggested. I just guessing to make the old computer to work it would be more than just an adapter.
    You might also find an old TV with analog inputs at a charity thrift store for almost nothing. A quick Craigslist search showed some in this area for $10.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •