Thread: Suggestions on separate buibui DC and compressor

Blog Entries

Suggestions on separate buibui DC and compressor

Those of you who have built a closet in your shop for your DC and compressor, what INTERIOR dimensions did you decide on?
    I have a Clearvue 1800 and an upright compressor.
    I plan to move them to an exterior shed and not sure how big to make it.
    I have been considering a 4x6 slab with staggered stud walls. Does that seem big enough in your opinion?
    The rain had finally began to let up here so I'm wanting to get moving before it turns to mud again.
    This has been by far the wettest year we have had here in the nearly 30 years we've been in this house. Only the 2nd time we had water in our crawl space.
    Could not figure out how to correct spelling in thread topic. I meant separate building.
    Last edited by Bill Jobe; 06-10-2019 at 3:54 PM.

Mine is 4' deep by 8' wide, nominal, which covers the cyclone, my 60 gallon compressor and access to the electric panel for my shop building. I extended the cyclone outlet so that the compressor is camping right next to the cyclone which optimizes access and clearance for the panel.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Same as Jim, 4’x8’ fits my 60 gal upright compressor and Oneida V3000 with a 1 cubic yard chip bin under it.

Blog Entries
    Mine's about 4' x 10' with a V-5000, 60 gal. compressor & some storage shelves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Mine is 4' deep by 8' wide, nominal, which covers the cyclone, my 60 gallon compressor and access to the electric panel for my shop building. I extended the cyclone outlet so that the compressor is camping right next to the cyclone which optimizes access and clearance for the panel.
    I installed the subpanel in the shop, prior to the separate building idea.
    So i should be ok with somewhere between 4x6 and4x8. Perhaps less.
    When I'm hanging out in the lower level of our home, a dehumidifyer runs constantly a few feet away from my work area. We had pulled a good number of carpet remnants stored in the crawlspace(that fortunately did not get wet.
    I was amazed at how much of that noise could easily be reduced by simply propping a section of carpet against the side of the dehumidifyer.