Thread: Jet 14 Bandsaw Table Angle

Jet 14 Bandsaw Table Angle

I have a Jet 14 bandsaw which has the Carter bearing guides installed. The other day I needed to tilt the table to 45 degrees. I was unable to get to 45 because of interference between the table and the Carter lower bearing support. It would only go to 43.5 degrees. I was able to get to 45 degrees by raising the table support a little using washers. I put 2 washers under the table support at the 2 bolt positions and the 2 alignment pins. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to correct the issue?

Thanks John

Your solution is the best I've heard in all the years I've been around.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I'd have cut a 1.5 degree wedge to prop the wood up 45
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe