I already use a DRO that I installed on the table saw and really like it for a bunch of reasons.

Most of my crosscut work is done on a RAS. Yes, it does hold it's position. The issue is both accuracy and repeatibility. Right now I eyeball a scale on top of the fence. On a good day I can set it within about .010 of what I want, with a light shining on it. For the most part that is ok. The issue occurs when I need to come back much later (after the stop has been moved) and repeat a cut. Hit or miss at best. That is not the case on the TS with the DRO.

Ok, so now everyone knows WHY I want to mount one on the RAS.

Here is the one I ordered from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4FQKNK...ding=UTF8&th=1

I have mounted similar ones on my mini mill so I understand about alignment, etc.

What I am looking for is any good ideas about mounting it on the RAS, what some of you folks may have done. I hate reinventing the wheel if I do not need to.

BTW, I do not do angle cuts on the RAS by swinging the overarm. It is always in the 90 degree position, so there is no worry about cutting the scale in half.

The RAS is permanently mounted in a bench so I do not use replaceable table boards and all that. The fence is permanently mounted.

If you have done this and have some pics, please share!

Thanks, Ted