Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust Cyclones

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick 135 View Post
    What brand/model is your DC Brett?
    It is the humble Shop Fox W1725. It was affordable at the time and it was local, so it's been making do ever since.
    Last edited by Brett Luna; 06-18-2019 at 6:47 PM.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick 135 View Post
    Glenn - when you say “full on cyclone”... what are you referring to? Brand/model?

Thanks for the info, glad you’re back in the shop.
    I just meant an actual "designed to be a cyclone, cyclone". Mine is a Grizzly G0440 (apparently only available in HEPA now(?). It is satisfactory but, always wanting more. I buckled under the pressure of where I could make it fit and so went 2HP instead of 3HP. I have always regretted it BUT, the 2HP does a "good" job and I'm glad to have it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I started using the regular Dust Deputy last week, just hooked up to my shop vac. I installed it on a 5-Gal bucket and have emptied it twice so far. I've used with my miter saw, table saw, palm sander, pocket hole jig, and planer. The bucket is a cinch to empty and practically nothing gets to the vac so I'm very happy with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Fenneuff View Post
    I started using the regular Dust Deputy last week, just hooked up to my shop vac. I installed it on a 5-Gal bucket and have emptied it twice so far. I've used with my miter saw, table saw, palm sander, pocket hole jig, and planer. The bucket is a cinch to empty and practically nothing gets to the vac so I'm very happy with it.
    The DD is a very good product, but take care because the plastic it's made of does not stand up well to harsh impacts.

That seems like a good plan. But please get some 1 micron bags too. They are not expensive. A pleated filter is better (I've used stock Delta bags, shaker felt bags and a Wynn pleated filter on my 1hp Delta). The Gray house studios HF upgrade uses a filter that looks pretty good and was significantly less expensive than the Wynn last time I looked. I think the Gray house studios filter is about $100, the Wynn varies a bit but is closer to $200 and a shaker felt bag should be less than $50.