Thread: TESTING Waterborne 2k POLY TOPCOAT..what is it exactly?

TESTING Waterborne 2k POLY TOPCOAT..what is it exactly?

Been practicing up a storm with my turbine system (fujispray Q5) just purchased the 3mPPS system for it awaiting its arrival....

An Amish friend (cabinet maker) turned me on to a topcoat called ILVA WB WHITE 2k POLY TOPCOAT it is fast drying, good coverage, sprays beautifully SELF LEVELING and can be tinted.

He says its a Urethane, but from i read and understand from the Tech Sheet its simply a Poly... Do you agree....

For you BM addicts out there..Anything in the Lenmar lineup that is equivalent that you know of?

Ilva 2k Poly.pdf
    Ridgid R4513 jobsite saw, Ridgid R4512 Table saw, Ridgid JP601 jointer/planer,
    Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust collector, Bosch 1617 EVSPK router, Bosch RA1181 router table, Rikon 10-326 Band saw
    Dewalt 735 planer, Fuji Q5Platinum HVLP,

Based on the description, it sounds like an acrylic very similar to Target Coatings products plus their crosslinker rather than a true "2K" type urethane which is a whole 'nuther animal. But I could certainly be wrong about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I read it as saying the product can be used w/o catalyst/hardener (they seem to use the words interchangeably which is strange) or with one of two catalysts for "slightly improved" performance. To me, that's not the same as a true 2K poly, where the addition of catalyst is mandatory.

I'm not aware of any Lenmar WB 2K poly products, but Chem Craft has one.

John