Thread: Cutech Jointer

Cutech Jointer

Alright, finally have enough saved up to purchase a benchtop jointer. I am aiming to get the cutech 6" or 8" jointer. Now a few times a year I wish I had the 8" to do board facing but not often. So I am leaning way over for the 8" one since it is only a couple of inchs longer.

I also have enough to start on a flip top bench for it and my wen 13 inch planer. Now I am only going to get the one with HSS cutters then later on get the carbon cutters.

Now I did contact Cutech about free shipping and I got a reply to check them out Fathers Day . So if the do have free shipping then the 8" but if not then the 6".

I have a 6" long bed--often wish i had an 8", not just for wider boards but also for the ability to skew narrower stock. Not a scientific view, but in our area i regularly see 6" jointers on CL, at least a few each month. Probably only see 2 or 3 8" each year. When i was looking for my 6", the ones i called about almost all said they were selling because they bought wider.
    Either way you go, enjoy!!
    earl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    I have a 6" long bed--often wish i had an 8", not just for wider boards but also for the ability to skew narrower stock. Not a scientific view, but in our area i regularly see 6" jointers on CL, at least a few each month. Probably only see 2 or 3 8" each year. When i was looking for my 6", the ones i called about almost all said they were selling because they bought wider.
    Either way you go, enjoy!!
    earl
    Yea that is why I am waiting on fathers day Cutech CS said they will run a fathers day special

Well no fathers day special or free shipping from Cutech so could not purchase the 8 inch but did get the 6" model with the high speed cutters MODEL 40160H-CT. Which I been going back and forth on since I have a small shop and all of my projects so far been small, Plus I order the Incra V27 miter gauge for my tablesaw since I broke the factory one from rigid plus a few other things I wanted.

Well got my cutech 6" jointer and my wen 13" planer up on movable benches and ran some scrap 2x4s thru the jointer after setup which was a breeze and turn out squared

IMG_20190720_132822082.jpgIMG_20190720_132825819.jpg

I have the Cutech 6” Jointer. I’m very happy with it for what I do.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Congrats on your new tools Marlin. After you run them a bit, why dont you post a review here?
    Also, my mobile benches look quite a lot like the ones you made - simple and sturdy.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Looking good. I thought long and hard about buying a cutech. They seem very good bang for the buck.

If you find the bend on that 8" is not long enough, consider doing some fold out wings to make it longer. Or if you like the size, you could consolidate by putting them on flip top bases: jointer on one size, planer on the other.