I have a need to cut quite a few dados to fit 6mm (0.236") Baltic birch plywood (BBP) shelf supports. The narrowest my dado set (DeWalt)will cut is 1/4" (DeWalt). I have an Incra LS Positioner (LS) on my router table and have made an insert for my Sawstop Jobsite saw (JSS) to allow mounting the LS on the saw.

I want to use the LS to make the dados and have figured out how to set the LS up to move over for the additional width needed, after making an initial slot using a single saw blade. I am sure I could use a standard combo blade and shift the LS for the additional width needed to get to 0.236", but the combo blade will leave those little peaks at the bottom (do they have a name?).

I am wondering if there is a way to use just one side of the dado set for cutting these slots and have the floor of the slots turn out flat. The dado set has a blade for each side of the cuts, but as stated the narrowest it will cut is 0.250" (using just those two "outside" blades). Are the inside edges of the teeth ground is such a way that they will properly cut an edge to the slot. Or, after the first slot is cut, should I put the "other" side blade on and finish the other side of the slot.

I have six dados to cut in each of six side panels (8"x14") for making shelves for holding plastic storage boxes - full of fasteners - similar to what we see at hardware stores for all their fasteners. So, with that many slots, I need a consistent way to positioning the fence, to make two passes for each slot. All of the dados can be cut using the first blade, and then the LS repositioned for the other side cut and all of them made with that setup so the blade switch only needs to be done once (in theory)

If there is another way to tackle this, I'm open to it. I have thought of using a router bit and the LS on the router table, but I do not have an undersized bit for this size slot).

Rick