Thread: Maybe Young Folks Who Never Saw the Movie Will Buy This

Blog Entries

Maybe Young Folks Who Never Saw the Movie Will Buy This

While reading the news this morning, an ad popped up that made me think it might be April 1st:

Soylent.png

People of my generation may not be in a rush to give it a try.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Oh yeah! Good film with Charlton Heston !

jim, as I am sure you know, here in Wa they just passed a law that now allows for composting of human remains. Just like Soylent just in a long about way.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

I rented that movie - found it somewhere. Nope. No Soylent Green for me!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

It’s people! It’s people!

I read the book, saw the movie and won't be buying!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Maybe it's not people but, based on the ingredients list, I think I'll pass:

Soylent.JPG

For me, there's no need to read past the second ingredient, but the rest of the list is also a bit scary.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    [edited]
    based on the ingredients list, I think I'll pass:
    They had me at Chromium Chloride...

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

It won’t be long now the way things are going.

Flying cars, test tube pho meat, and about a million other things I take notice of but forget right now.

Yes, the ingredient list is long and scary, but I strongly suspect that a number of those things are the chemical names for a variety of nutrients/vitamins, etc. Ascorbic Acid, for example, is vitamin C.

That said...nope.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Life is all about perspective; For instance all of the water on the planet is the same that has always been on the planet, no more, no less. it is just recycled. so the water that you drink, someone or something drank it and pissed it out many times over. It follows that all the dirt on the planet is the same, just recycled animals, insects,and vegetables and people and whatever else . Everything that every lived and died turned back to dirt. So when you pick up a handful of dirt, you are picking the the particles of everything that ever died, and from that, life is recreated, from that mixture, that soup of recycled water and recycled dead things, live sprouts anew. We have been eating Soylent green all along.

Blog Entries
    This link was sent to me by a friend in Boston:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyl...l_replacement)

It appears the name was chosen on purpose:

Soylent is named after a food in Harry Harrison's 1966 science fiction novel Make Room! Make Room![11][12] In the novel, most types of soylent are made from soy and lentils. The word also evokes the 1973 film adaptation Soylent Green, in which the eponymous food is made from human remains.
    Genius, guts or glory, gotta be at least one of them to rise to the top or go down in flames.

jtk