Thread: very fine tip for CA glue

very fine tip for CA glue

I need a setup for CA glue that has a very thin tip for accurate placement of glue and less oozing all over the small stuff I am building.

I know there are small bottles with fine metal tips, but I just don't know how it would work with squeezing the CA glue from its original container to the new bottle. I also am not sure how cleaning the tip would work.

any suggestions?

thank you

DW
    DW

Rockler has some replacement tips and caps that are suppose to do just what you are needing.

https://www.rockler.com/replacement-nozzle-tips-for-stick-fast-glue

https://www.rockler.com/change-a-tip...for-ca-bottles

Hope this helps.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

I use a fair amount of thin and super-thin CA in pen turning, and the type of nozzle shown above works great for filling small voids (to flood powdered stone/metals into the voids). Immediate clean-up is a few light taps as i set the bottle down. If one dries, i toss it in my small container of acetone (lidded), toss on another and move on. They usually last a while, but mentally i view them as disposable--and build that cost into my pricing. My preference in CA glues is Mercury (really like the Flex line) or Bob Smith (BSI). I've been using GluBoost as a CA finish for the past several months--and really like it a lot. Had to adjust my finishing time a little, and use a lighter accelerator spritz than with Mercury Flex, but i'm getting good results. They don't make a super thin that i've found--so i'm still using Mercury for that and for thick.
    earl