Thread: Replacement bandsaw tires - Jet 18"

Replacement bandsaw tires - Jet 18"

My 18" Jet bandsaw [model JWBS-18X] had the upper tire come off the wheel in 4 sections. I feel I want a quality urethane tire to replace them. Any recommendations for a quality urethane tire? This saw uses a 137" band blade, not the 133" length.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Search up "Blue Max Bandsaw Tires." When I buy my next set, they will be my vendor of choice.

I have an 18 inch Jet bandsaw. I replaced both tires when the upper got loose. I bought the saw new and the original tires lasted 12-14 years. I just ordered a new pair from Jet. They have been on for about 5 years. I use the saw daily and never take the tension off. I brought a pot of boiling water into the shop and put one tire in it, let it get softer and installed the tire. Boiled the water again and did the other one.
    Good luck, Kevin

I put Sulphur Grove tires on my 18" Rikon bandsaw in 2016. I use it a lot. No regrets.

JKJ

For urethane tires, I've had good luck with the Blue Max tires from Bandsaw Tire Warehouse. For rubber tires it's hard to beat Woodworker's Toolworks.

--Geoff

I recently put Sulpher Grove tires on my Jet 14”. They were pretty easy to install and have worked just fine.

Just to finish this thread, and to perhaps help another with their bandsaw tires, I ordered some high quality blue urethane tires for my Jet 18" saw. I ordered them off Amazon.com, and they came from Polytech Design, out of Clifton, NJ. They are as high quality as any tires I've seen anywhere.

They went on pretty easy with following the directions to soak in hot water for about 5 minutes with a little liquid dish soap in the water. After installation, I gave the time to cool, and then put them back on the saw. My saw tracks true, and smooth.

I am making a guess here, but I think there might be a little more torque in the saw with the new tires, but I have no actual way of measuring that. I do know the original rubber tires had gotten dry and there is a smoother blade rotation with these new urethane tires.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I put Sulphur Grove urethane tires in my JWBS-18 right after I got it, about 4-1/2 years ago, and they have held up great, even though I use the saw for cutting brass as well as wood sometimes.
    Zach